The College held a dedication ceremony April 5 for the Grossman House for Global Perspectives, a special residence of 25 students interested in topics related to globalization.
Grossman House, which opened on High Street at the beginning of this academic year, is named in honor of Richard A. Grossman ’64 and his wife, Rissa Welt Grossman.
The building contains both single- and double-occupancy rooms and a large library on the first floor where residents and other members of the campus community can gather for special events and discussions. Built in 1915 by the Pennsylvania Sigma Deuteron Chapter of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity, the building was renovated in 2011-12 to serve as a residence hall.
In planning programs and to help promote increased intercultural understanding on campus, Grossman House residents work with other campus organizations to identify appropriate events and discussion themes. They receive guidance and support from faculty advisers who address global topics in their teaching and research.